Just to clear things up- I am still alive!! It has been a very busy summer with a lot of activity and changes. Let's see if I can even remember all that has happened...
* First of all, I have decided to go to optometry school. Well, I actually decided over 6 months ago, but I haven't announced it here yet. I am working as a research fellow in the optometry department at the University of Missouri- St. Louis. School starts in under 2 weeks and I am soooooooo excited. (This is an appropriate time to laugh out loud and call me a dork.) I love school and being away from the classroom for 2 years has made my love even more clear to me.
* Our life still joyfully revolves around our two pups. Zuma is now bigger than Bella. We had them weighed at the vet and Zuma came in at a whopping 7.3 pounds while Bella is just 7.1 pounds. They love each other and play all day long while we're gone. It is so funny how their personalities are soo different, too! Zuma is much more cuddly and needy, but she is really smart. Bella is independent and adventurous but doesn't always listen to us. We walk with them very often in Francis Park just a few blocks from our house. Somehow cute dogs are lonely people magnets because we meet (and hear entire life stories) of someone new every time we go.
* Our house (well, at least the main level) is almost "finished." We are just about done with our original makeover ideas for the main level. That is exciting because I'm sure once school starts for me I will no longer be able to spend every night tinkering around.
* Dan has started working like a real doctor. He gets up (wayyyy too early), gets all dressed up in a shirt and tie and white coat, and stays at the hospital over 10 hours a day!! He comes home with the greatest (HIPPA-compliant) stories of all the things he learns about patient care and hospital politics. He really loves it which makes me so happy and proud.
Well, I guess that is our life right now in a nutshell. We are really getting into the groove of things in St. Louis and have amazing friends and family to share our life with here. That's all we can ask for, right??
*