11.09.2009
< 9 days to do
The waiting game started a while ago but Baby K still isn't here! (insert here reminder from Dan that I am still 9 days before me due date) Anyway, at Friday appointment I was basically told that from the looks of everything I should be in labor. 2 cm dilated, 80%+ effaced, and I will spare you the rest of the details. I have had a lot of action, though. On Thursday night last week I had 2 hours of 5 minute apart contractions and got SOOOOOOOO excited. We went for a walk and things started to fizzle. Bummer. Then, Sunday morning I spend some time in Labor and Delivery making sure my water didn't break (well, really hoping that it did, I guess). And, now it's Monday and no baby. In the midst of the emotional weekend Dan started to show me how excited he is about having a son. He is daydreaming about getting up in the middle of the night just the three of us and playing catch and wrestling (that will be a while). He is mentally practicing the steps of swaddling. For better or worse, school has been incredibly distracting for me (test this morning and one tomorrow, too) so I feel like I haven't spent the normal amount of time daydreaming. I KNOW we are really going to love being parents. Now, all we need is some ACTION!