It is past midnight and I am exhausted but can't sleep. It's another night that Dan has to work through which is hard to get used to. I'm not sure I'm ready for this residency thing in a year (especially with Baby K on the way). So, what to do in the middle of the night but research breast pumps??? I couldn't think of anything else so that is just what I have been doing. Although I know the technology of pumps these days by far surpasses my mom's scary stories, I am not looking forward to using one full time when I return to school...What a LOT of work they seem to be!!!
On another somewhat related note, I got a pedicure today. It wasn't the relaxing pedicure I had hoped for, but it makes for good stories. The woman doing my toes was very friendly and nice (seemingly) but once she found out I am expecting she would not lay off the stressful questions. Seriously, for an hour I was lectured on the importance of fruit and vegetables (and not too many carbs- they "turn into" sugar), how I really need to have a birth plan already (before taking a class), why I need to bank cord blood, whether I have life insurance set up, how good mothers breastfeed for x number of months, etc. Since when does being pregnant invite/attract nosy people who think they can share their opinion about personal matters??? From the looks of it I have 4+ more months of this madness :) Please share stories for my upcoming book "What NOT to Say to a Preggo"